My Blog List

My Blog List

My Blog List

Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Place Assessment

They always call me a hermit, am I? If I'm comfortable in this space between four walls that I call my bedroom. This room isn't too big but not too small, I guess I could say it's just right for a teenager like me. I would tell you the colour of my walls but honestly I've forgotten. Each wall is plastered with posters of my favourite things from: musicians to actors, movies to anime, and sometimes even You-tubers. It's always quiet in here, I can hear my own thoughts or ignore them through the beats of my music, my messy unorganized walls tell a lot about me, with each poster it tells a story or a thought, I admire each one of them, as they hold strongly onto the wall with only small scraps of blue tack keeping them there.

My room is always dark, even with the light on, It seems what little power is keeping  the bulb alight is not enough to spread out his rays and fill my whole bedroom with life. This results in a lot of re-arranging of objects in the room to try and achieve good quality call time. Dark red curtains drape down over windows, which supply what little light does attempt to break in. in early hours of the day.
A lot of things in this room are not even mine, their things left behind after my older sisters moved out and have just been discarded under my bed or in dusty corners, unseen, unheard.  The floor is not comfortable on relaxed feet, because most of the time curious cats like to tread in litter specs all over this floor which makes little stones uncomfortable to stand on. There is a small table in the corner of this room, rounded at the sides with stick like legs. Usually I dump all my unnecessary books and paper on there, every week it’s cluttered with useless scraps no matter how many times I attempt to tidy it up a bit.

Entertaining consoles sit beside the small television, which needs to be fiddled with every time I desire to play a game. The consoles are not a sign of a spoilt child but of a grateful and careful one. I look after these consoles for what they are, not what their worth. I took them from their original home in the living room and saved them from my monstrous younger sisters: One dying Xbox, I'm always afraid of its last day before it’s claimed by the red ring of death. A PS3 that only gets attention when the feeling of anger or annoyance need to be consumed, by games instead of being let out on something softer and more fragile. The Nintendo Wii is oldest and babied a lot because of its more delicate system compared to the others.

Sturdy drawers stand in my room, one which supports the television and consoles whereas the other rocks unsteadily like a tree about to be cut down. So I only put light things such as make up and hygienic things on there, unfortunately I do not use the make up as much as my older sister would like or recommend. The small mirror above these drawers is pretty useless because of the low light which often results in eyeliner stabbing my eyeball. Although this drawer is unstable at the best of times it still holds a lot of important things unlike its brother that only hold my clothing. This drawer holds a lot of educational things that will aid me in the future.


My laptop often migrates from different locations in this room depending on where I feel like sprawling my limbs out. Cords and wires curl around the floor, twisting and turning to achieve power from the socket. There is a cabinet in my room, which sits in the shadows alone and almost hidden by the side of my bunk bed that towers over everything in the dull room. My bed is a betrayal to my country as the bed sheets display the American flag; despite all of the above there is one part of this room that is kept organized to the best of my ability. The white drawer in the side of my room, which is empty and only has one storage drawer as the rest of its hollow body is used to stack video tapes. There are books that are settled on top, all resting against one another as two marvel pop figures stop them from sliding over the edge. Above this, is a shelve that is kept the most neatest and well assorted compared to the rest of the space, stacks of favoured movies and series sit upon this shelve all sorted into different movie themes and genres. 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely :) i really love the way you've given a personal response to this, and the descriptions make me feel as if i'm actually in your room (i'm not btw.. that would be creepy) My only criticism is what they said in class - grammar, but other than that it's great!!

    ReplyDelete