My Blog List

My Blog List

My Blog List

Tuesday, 7 October 2014

The Meeting (OC Development)

I dragged my feet against the shiny floor of this 70's themed cafe. Ugh, old music. I direct myself towards the counter top, where the cashier glares at me UN-amused like I'd just ruined her whole life just by being there. I know i said i didn't care before, but the absence of my backpack  has left a chilling feeling on my back. I drum my fingers across the counter, trying to keep a straight face although i feel like my memories have been stolen from my mind. But it's just a backpack right, i shouldn't care. Right?

I just want to disappear, fade away into nothing. The silence of my thoughts is rudely interrupted as someone taps my shoulder , i turn around swiftly so quickly my shoes squeak in protest. Oh my gosh, why is there this stunningly beautiful human being acknowledging my existence let alone talking to me. I feel my throat go dry as her soft blue eyes gaze upon me, hidden behind thick black lashes. Her hair is tied back, out of her face, lips plumb and bright pink like flower petals. Geez, her cheekbones are sharp enough to cut yourself on, her skin is slightly tanned why am i looking? Stop it! But i cant help myself, collarbones so thick and whoa! She's got big-...ahem. Anyway, i better stop staring or she'll think I'm some pervy weirdo. "Uh, Yes?" I said softly unsure how to act around such an angel.
She gave me a warm smile, her eyes closed before opening once more . "Hello, my name's Scarlet." She force-ably shook my hand all while smiling. "Is this yours?" To my absolute surprise she held up my lost-now found backpack. I held it close to my chest like part of me had been returned. "Hehe , actually i know it's yours because i saw it get taken from you." She explained, all while i tried to focus on anything but her lips. I looked up to her like she was my Savior , heh if I'm honest if she was a goddess I'd defiantly attend church more.

"Thank you,...did you...beat the guy up?" I asked in slight disbelief that a woman that looked so delicate could actually cause damage. "Oh, heavens no, my bodyguard dealt with him for me." She stated, she must of heard the uncertainty in my voice because she then said "Do you think i cant take him on?" Her eyes a now challenging dark blue.
"Uh no, course not!"  I exclaimed , I'd never seen or met someone like her so i was determined to make a good first impression, or at least get her number. "Wait, you have a bodyguard ? That would suggest your important." I stated,
"And your not important?" She asked,
"No." I immediately responded, she looked at me for a moment, the confused look on her face was morphed into a forced smile. "Well, it was nice meeting you, have a good day." She left in a hurry, probably thought i was weird, she didn't even know my name and i didn't ask why she helped me. All these questions screaming inside my head for answers. My palms felt sweaty as i adjusted my backpack comfortably back in it's rightful place. A certain burst of reassurance and happiness settled inside me, why thought? it was just a backpack. That woman sure was mysterious but i guess angels don't need to explain themselves. Maybe I'll see her again, or maybe i wont. Who cares? i defiantly don't, and since this story is about me neither should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment