My Blog List

My Blog List

My Blog List

Sunday, 28 September 2014

Second Choice

"If Danielle said no, i would have definitely asked you out." 

The burst of joy only lasted for a moment,
before his words settled deep in my heart.
It stung , a burning sensation,
that made my insides quiver with disappointment.
He'd gone inside to leave me in blind happiness,
unaware of the fact behind his words.
Or so he wouldn't have to face my saddening face,
as i dawned on the harsh honesty he'd given me.

I'd wasted my time thinking about you,
I'd wasted my time worrying about you,
I'd wasted my life caring about you.

My dream, my fantasy blew out like a dying flame,
and my reality was set in stone.
But i sucked in my sadness and stood tall,
i wont give you the satisfaction of seeing me cry.

And you know what? I'm no one's second choice!

2 comments:

  1. I really like your word choices here Dana :) it is very fiction-prose similar and i like the characters emotions are clear to the reader xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great choice of subject matter for a poem. Now try experimenting with imagery to make the contrast between his oblivious and dismissive comment and the persona's reactions!

    ReplyDelete